Ribstein, Steadman, Molina and Rodriguez among winners in Alhandra10 Oct, 2020
2020 World Triathlon Champions to be crowned at WTS Hamburg25 Aug, 2020
Tokyo 2020 announces the Paralympic competition schedule04 Aug, 2020
PTWC World Champion Lauren Parker on staying positive… and fiercely competitive19 Jun, 2020
Paratriathlon Explained: Rio 2016
World Triathlon is committed to supporting the development of para triathlon in which there are currently nine sport classes for athletes with an impairment competing over the sprint para triathlon distance of 750m swim, 20km bike (hand bike/tandem), 5km run (racing wheelchair) at all World Triathlon-sanctioned para triathlon events.
Para triathlon was first accepted for inclusion for the IPC’s Paralympic Games at Rio 2016, here’s why:
- Para triathlon offers a unique and inclusive global opportunity for athletes with the recognised types of impairments to perform at elite levels in a modern, exciting and dynamic sport.
- It is close to the environment, universally attractive and understandable to spectators and media alike.
- Para triathlon is accessible, equitable, viable, sustainable and well balanced in every way, incorporating in its sub-disciplines, three of the most prolific and recognisable medal sports in the history of the Paralympic Games.
- World Triathlon has actively demonstrated its readiness to develop and evolve the sport and has encouraged athletes to achieve much more than just their individual sporting goals, whatever they may be.
- While para triathlon has the potential to be the fastest growing sport in the Paralympic Movement, in that process we are accomplishing something that goes well beyond the expansion of Para-sport: we are helping to create inspirational role models for the world.
- Ethical governance, fair play and mutual respect belong to the ethos of our organisation.
- World Triathlon has long upheld the principles of equality of opportunity, recognition and reward to create uplifting, motivational and life-changing experiences for all who compete in our sport.
- The triathlon world is inspired by IPC’s invitation to live and breathe all of the Paralympic Programme Guiding Principles.
- To oversee the development of para triathlon within the triathlon community by growing participation at all levels, building a pathway to, developing, elite performance, evolving events and building profile.
- To upholding ethical principles and fair play at all times including moving towards evidence based assessment of Classification.
- To work with the IPC and to foster the growth of para triathlon as it becomes an integral and contributing part of the Paralympic movement.
The goals of the World Triathlon Paratriathlon Committee are:
Lockdown life has been a very different experience from one person to the next. Cyclists have their turbos,...May 06, 2020
Dialling in from just outside Amsterdam, where he has enough space to train outdoors as current Dutch...Apr 29, 2020
The World Triathlon Executive Board, met via teleconference this Friday morning, has decided to extend the...Apr 03, 2020
On March 26, 2020, the Government of Canada issued an order limiting the entry of most foreign travelers into...Mar 27, 2020
Due to the current international travel restrictions recently announced by the U.S. government and the Centers...Mar 12, 2020
The International Triathlon Union, in consultation with the Italian Federation, the Milan 2020 organising...Mar 11, 2020
The 2020 ITU World Paratriathlon Series got underway in Devonport, Australia, as 70 paratriathletes from 26...Feb 29, 2020
The International Triathlon Union, in consultation with the Abu Dhabi Sports Council, has taken the decision...Feb 29, 2020
Devonport, Australia, will raise the curtain on the 2020 World Paratriathlon Series (WPS), after successfully...Feb 27, 2020
USA Triathlon, with the support of the International Triathlon Union and the United States Olympic &...Feb 13, 2020
- No events found
Para triathlon Videos
Best of Paratriathlon: 2019 season review09 Jan, 2020
Tokyo Paratriathlon World Cup Highlights20 Aug, 2019
World Paratriathlon Series in Yokohama20 May, 2019